back to article Price slashed on Reg-branded Swiss Army Knife

We're pleased to announce that Vulture Central's merchandising tentacle Cash'n'Carrion has slashed the price of our handsome Reg-branded Swiss Army Knife from £19.99 to £15.99. The Register-branded Swiss Army Knife Critically, this classic implement has the means by which to open bottles of beer, so you know what you can …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Jess

Why is it not based on the cybertool?

So it would have tools useful for doing the job, rather than just celebrating after.

1. Ole Juul

Re: Why is it not based on the cybertool?

I notice there's no Phillips screwdriver. In fact if that's all it had then it would be more useful in a computer environment.

1. Dave 126

Re: Why is it not based on the cybertool?

The lack of a Phillips or PZ is the only major downside to this knife. Realistically, one would want it to have a hex socket to take replaceable driver heads, because no driver lasts forever.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

'CUMMING SOON!!'

BOFH printed on the side of a tin of 'Stay-Hard' spray!

3. x 7

to be any use for a computer tech it needs a built-in pizza-cutter wheel

4. Sebastian A
    Paris Hilton

Errr...

That's 25%.

1. Anomalous Cowturd
      FAIL

Re: Errr...

Except when you click on the link, the price has miraculously changed to £15.99 not £14.99, so 20% is right.

:o(

elReg fail.

5. batfastad

Leatherman

Leatherman Micra is the boss of portable knives. I've had one (a few) for years and they are truly portable. Sometimes a little bit too portable... to the point of no return at airports where I have ended up having to bin it and buy another.

And that concludes the story of my ownership of the Leatherman Micra. You're welcome.

1. Dave 126

Re: Leatherman

Leatherman blades come out of the factory damned sharp and stay that way for a long time.

Victorinox blades come damned sharp, but can also be resharpened more easily than the steel Leatherman uses.

1. Elmer Phud

"Victorinox blades come damned sharp, but can also be resharpened more easily than the steel Leatherman uses."

'Can I have a look at your knife?'

'Yes, but watch out, the blades are shar . . . oh, never mind, it'll stop bleeding soon'

2. OrientalHero

I too carry the leatherman micra (since discontinued) instead of the much bulkier Swiss Army knife. Maybe it's because I did go for the camping version which had a wood saw and metal file/hacksaw (which I probably used as much as the corkscrew).

NB: it does have the phillips screwdriver (albeit singleblade version).

1. Jan 0 Silver badge

@ OrientalHero

Phew! Just checked and the Micra isn't discontinued. I still have the one I was given at a SANE conference. To stop it rubbing holes in your pocket or dangling keys interfering with delicate tasks, you can get a nice leather, keyring case for it from DavidsonLeather on Etsy.

6. Blitheringeejit
    Stop

But what use is it...

..without a thingy for getting boy-scouts out of horses' hooves?

(Or should that be "horse's hoofs"..? You can never find a pedantic grammar nazi when you need one...)

This topic is closed for new posts.