back to article Ex-Systemax execs Carl & Gilbert Fiorentino jailed over $27m fraud

Shamed former Systemax execs Gilbert and Carl Fiorentino were last night sentenced to five and six years in the slammer respectively for masterminding a $27m fraud when employed at the company. The Feds charged them in November with taking kickbacks from components suppliers in exchange for steering business to them, and with …

1. NBCanuck

Punishment fitting the crime?

I'm glad they they are doing jail time, but I would also like to have heard about their assets being seized (proceeds of crime). There are a lot of people who would gladly do 5 years in exchange for all of the wealth these two acquired during their spree.

1. The Godfather

Re: Punishment fitting the crime?

The restitution hearing will determine this. Question one must ask is how unique is this? in other words, is this a common theme in supply chain orchestration?

1. Mark 85

Re: Punishment fitting the crime?

It would seem to be fairly common. I worked at a place about 30 years ago that replaced everyone in purchasing on the average of every two years. Seems kickbacks were frowned upon yet they took them.

2. Richard Taylor 2
    Facepalm

I am so dissapointed

Three expressos in and I read this as Fiorina....

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon