back to article Blurred vision: Google dreams of a campus mixing buildings with nature

Google has submitted plans to redevelop four sites at its headquarters in Mountain View, California. The Chocolate Factory asked the city council to consider its application for an HQ revamp on Friday. Google hopes to design and build the offices from scratch, said the ad giant's real estate veep David Radcliffe said in a …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

GoogleGlass Houses.

These buildings would be a very whimsical and free feeling place to work...until nature gets too close. I don't think someone from Oklahoma would feel comfortable in one (or Hawaii, Maine, New Orleans, North/South Carolina, Pompeii).

At least the zombies will be held up in Mountain View for a few days enjoying a buffet...thanks for the head start Google!

In all seriousness, can you imagine a tornado hitting this fuck'n place...WOW! Does it Blend?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: GoogleGlass Houses.

> In all seriousness, can you imagine a tornado hitting...

Page: Yo, like, where're our data centres dude?

Brin: Yeah, they're not in Kansas anymore.

Schmidt: Pay no attention to that man behind the firewall.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: GoogleGlass Houses.

"In all seriousness, can you imagine a tornado hitting this fuck'n place"

Any idea how often they get tornadoes in Mountain View? Answer is probably somewhere in the region of almost zero (actually, they did have a mini tornado in Santa Clara when I lived there in '98 but seem to recall it damaged about 2 houses). They do get earthquakes but then they do seem to take a lot of effort into building earthquake resilience into buildings - as opposed to places that get tornadoes where, from some home building TV progs I saw the line is "your house is going to get blown down - here are tips to enable you to put the bits back together quicker when this happens"

2. Mark 85

Glass Houses...

So will Google stop throwing stones?

3. msknight

Ahhh....

Grass on the inside. Just like we do in Minecraft.

...they're not filing for a patent, are they?

1. toxicdragon

Re: Ahhh....

Do you? Good way of getting sheep spawn indoors, which is just irritating if you ask me, the animals can stay in the 2 deep 6 wide hole I dug for them out doors.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like