Sony Xperia Z3 compact battery - replacement?

This topic was created by sorry, what? .

1. sorry, what?

Sony Xperia Z3 compact battery - replacement?

So all the reviews say the battery life is great, lasting up to 2 days on a charge. The reviews also say the battery is not user replaceable. This leads me to the following questions:

If I bought this phone...

A) how long before the battery can't hold charge for 1 day's moderate use?

B) how difficult is it to actually replace the battery for someone with moderate skill, if it is even actually possible?

I am the sort of person who buys their phone and keeps it for years, so want to be able to cope with the degrading battery issue.

1. Corin

Re: Sony Xperia Z3 compact battery - replacement?

I own this phone. I can't see any subtle method of disassembly (e.g. screw heads under covers and what have you). Not that I've tried: I suspect any effort would almost certainly damage the waterproofing.

2. wurdsmiff

Re: Sony Xperia Z3 compact battery - replacement?

Hi had mine for 2 years and it lasted a day with ease. You would like need a case for it though - I'd be surprised if the battery went before you cracked either the front or back glass

2. raees

Currently I am using this one. It is Sony Xperia Z and it's battery is locked inside the cover. It cannot be opened normally as we can with other mobile phones. I feel sometimes my battery makes problem, I am not comfortable with opening the cover the go and buy another battery. Therefore I reduce the currently running apps in my cell. This somehow benefits.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon