back to article HP Split: Naming the big dogs for new-look giant

More pieces of HP’s management puzzle are being slotted into place at a country and regional level, ahead of the major split in the corporation planned for October. As world + dog knows, the PC and print businesses are to separate from the rest of the organisation to create HP Inc, with all other divisions falling under …

1. Lusty

HP Inc

I thought it was ink :)

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Why don't they call the two companies HP and Compaq?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Fantastic idea...

...and freely offered. HP have already got the Compaq logo and domain name as well as good brand recognition; I bet they even have boxes of Compaq stationery left too.

Just compare that with the rounds of absurdly expensive and daft corporate rebranding that will actually occur.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Why All The Haters

I don't understand all the hateful comments about HP? I have to confess, I don't understand the ins and outs of the proposed split, but I LOVE HP. It's easily the best sauce on a bacon sandwich.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Why All The Haters

I tried the HP Magenta and Cyan sauces recently in a sandwich. They were frickin' expensive, the container was bloody hard to open, the sauces stained my lips for three weeks and I vomited for a half a day. Perhaps the bacon was off.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Where are they heading?

It looks like a preparation for potent buyer. Right now Hewlett-Packard may be too big to swallow for many around. Divided in two parts, both companies are nice target for acquisition and more hefty bonuses.

If that is not the case, they have no idea what they are doing. All the bells and whistles only to justify their positions and current establishment.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like