back to article You'll NEVER guess who has bought I Taught Taylor Swift How To Give Head dot-com

In one of the most unlikely but intriguing domain registrations in recent years, pop star Taylor Swift has, it appears, registered ITaughtTaylorSwiftHowToGiveHead.com. No, really. The registration was sparked by Swift's lawyers threatening the owner of ITaughtTaylorSwift.com, run by, um, the man who taught Taylor Swift how to …

Page:

1. David Dawson

well, yuck

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

oh yeah

If you think that's bad I wonder if she also remembered to registered ITaughtTaylorSwiftHowToChaseTheBrownClownAroundTown.com. That one could probably use a tinyurl link though.

2. Little Mouse

Taylor Swift?

Who's he?

1. Daniel B.
      Trollface

Re: Taylor Swift?

I was actually going to ask, "who's she?" but it seems it's one of those dudes with a girl's name...

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Sounds like a snooker player.

3. fruitoftheloon
      Happy

@Little Mouse: Re: Taylor Swift?

LM,

At first I thought it was the moniker of someone who can sew quick as well as accurately...

J.

4. D@v3

and what's with all the italics

3. Khaptain Silver badge
    Happy

Some domains still available

ThingsAreQuietOnElRegTonight.com

Ihavenoideawhythisgirlissopopular-Muricahasfarmanybetterartiststhanthis.com

4. the spectacularly refined chap

Asking for trouble...

...given that there is a virtually infinite list of provocative domain names, many on very similar themes and this will appeal to those who like to stir things up. So, ITaughtTaylorSwiftHowToGiveHead.com is taken. Did they think of e.g. ITaughtTaylorSwiftHowToSuppressTheGagReflex.com?

1. Adam Foxton

Re: Asking for trouble...

Or ITaughtTaylorSwiftHowToGargle... and well, that opens up a few interesting choices of its own!

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: Or ITaughtTaylorSwiftHowToGargle...

ITaughtTaylorSwiftHowToHumDannyBoyWhileILowerMyBallsIntoHerGub.com?

2. Daniel B.
      Trollface

Re: Asking for trouble...

No, they haven't thought it out well. I have found at least two possible trollish domains. Hell, maybe someone will buy 'em just for shits and giggles...

5. The_Idiot

So for those who enjoy irony...

... including dwarves :-) - from what song, by what singer, does the following line come?

"But when you think: Tim McGraw..."

Not, you understand, that I would suggest anyone might have 'infringing the "(insert famous name here)" trademark, or that in fact Mr McGraw has in fact Trademarked his name (er - even if he did, first in April 1999), or that the use was not one for which permission had been granted. But it may have some small bearing on the fame of the name mentioned in the article above...

6. Slions

MarkMonitorScrewedTaylorSwiftDotCom

Did they also get the .org .net .xxx .prn .tv .fck .fm .tm .scrwd .biz and .pwnd?

1. Robin Bradshaw

Re: MarkMonitorScrewedTaylorSwiftDotCom

Dont forget .horse

1. PleebSmash
        WTF?

Re: MarkMonitorScrewedTaylorSwiftDotCom

omg it's real

1. Ken Y-N
          Thumb Up

My Lovely .Horse

http://www.ITaughtTaylorSwiftHowToGiveHeadToMy.horse is still available

1. AbelSoul

Re: My Lovely .Horse

Careful now.

1. Portent
              Thumb Up

Re: My Lovely .Horse

Down with this sort of thing.

7. swampdog

TS went down on me

As it happens. It was dark & her wig fell off. Didn't stop her using a straw to get past my fat belly but boy could she suck a $5 shake.

We agreed we'd not speak of it again!

1. Simon Harris

Re: TS went down on me

Oh dear. I read that thread title as a trans-sexual went down on you.

Not that there's anything wrong with that if that's what floats your boat.

1. frank ly

"... & her wig fell off ......", yes indeed.

Have you noticed her throat? Adam's apple?

1. Stuart Castle Silver badge

And if she's pre-op, that little thing with the two objects either side dangling between her legs?

8. wolfetone Silver badge

Suggestions

TheManyBoyfriendsOfTaylorSwift.com

IAmOldEnoughToRememberWhenTaylorSwiftSangCountryMusic.net

9. stonedcom

WATCH TAYLOR SWIFT LIE!!!

In this video Taylor Swift HERSELF says (at around 8:00) ..."...this magical twist of fate...the guy who my parents had hired to come fix my computer...he looks over and sees the guitar in the corner..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyOeieM1cVY#t=458

...and in this video she HERSELF says ..."...this guy came to fix my computer...and I saw that he had brought a guitar with him...and so I looked down at the guitar and I was like..."

(around 1:12)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8dxBePDKK8#t=72

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

MmeGuillotineTaughtMeToGiveHead

Fair play to MarkMonitor. They charge to register a bunch of defensive registrations and invoice MsSwift, whoever she may be. Next up, buy all relevant adwords to point to swifttat.com and wait for the money to pour in. Sadly it seems I am not MsSwift's target audience.

11. skeptical i
    Devil

Daaaaaammmn.

MarkMonitor has the best job ever: grab some beer, get your buddies around a table, put today's "name that needs protection" on the whiteboard, open said beers, and watch the number of potential "harmful" domain names grow. Multiply by latest number of dot-whatever TLDs. Register the fruit of this brainstorm. Invoice client, while also submitting regretful news that, alas, InsertNameHereLikesItLargeWithVatsOfButterAndOrangeGlitter.com has already been taken, should we summon the lawyers? I am SOOOOO jealous.

12. Eddy Ito
    Childcatcher

Best pic of Taylor Swift evah!

I gotta say that's simply awesome and catches just the right amount of crazy. Just one thing I want to know, was it a bloody machete or meat cleaver in her hand that was photoshopped out? I assume the song was a catchy jingle like "if I can't have you, nobody will".

The icon because that pic is the kind of thing that could give a kid nightmares.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Best pic of Taylor Swift evah!

Yeah, why did they use a picture of a zombie?

13. JustWondering
    Unhappy

My sympathies ...

... to anyone that can quote that many TS lyrics.

14. Innocent-Bystander*

That was kinda random but ok...

15. T. F. M. Reader

I am curious: did the same company handle Barbra Streisand's internet affairs at one time?

16. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

Perhaps it is time for the Paris icon to be retired - and replaced with a T.S. one.

Paris - because the cat is already out of the bag on ITAUGHTPARISHILTONTOGIVEHEAD.COM

(seem the film and read the book).

17. Allan George Dyer
    Joke

Sponsored article?

How much did ElReg accept from the Domain Name Registrars for this article?

18. psyvenrix

why not register togivehead.com/net/org/watever and use wildcard CNAMEs to tack on the itaught$CELEBTRITY part and go nuts from there?

the registration would not have any copyrighted name/identity present and you can argue to some limited extent that a wildcard CNAME isnt a permanent record as such.

19. Jay Hayman

It's consumerism, stupid.

Other suggestions:

iBoughtThisForTaylorSwiftsLeagalTeam.com

20. JDX Gold badge

So she's self-taught

Who isn't?

1. wolfetone Silver badge
      Paris Hilton

Re: So she's self-taught

In guitar playing or fellatio?

21. hi_robb

Err.

Thanks for the heads...

22. Evil Auditor Silver badge
    Trollface

Going to register...

taylorswifttakethatbit.ch

23. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

ITaughtTaylorSwiftHowToBeASSucker

still appears to be wide open to receptive parties

digital economy is e-booming, brothers!

24. Stevie

Bah!

They were lyrics? I had guessed they might be song titles, but couldn't say for sure since, and this is the important bit, I don't know who Taylor Swift is and bewilderingly that has not caused my world to collapse into quantum vacuum.

Whatever that is.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Bah!

not lyrics, just some random pick from a dick-shonery.

2. asdf

Re: Bah!

>I don't know who Taylor Swift is and bewilderingly that has not caused my world to collapse into quantum vacuum.

And here the Brits on this site tore into me for not knowing or caring about Gangnam Style or whatever two weeks after the thing was released. I am with you though. I couldn't name one of her songs. One thing that has stayed pretty consistent in my not so short lifetime is that pop music is garbage.

25. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Swift Who? (had to check youtube)

well, head or no head, Alanis Morrissette she ain't.

26. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

itaughttaylorswifthowtogivehead.com

Registered by Matt Serlin apparently.

27. Alister

To the best of my knowledge, Domain registrars mostly have a clause which states that they reserve the right to refuse or cancel a domain registration if it is judged to be inappropriate or offensive.

I don't know if this is something that individual Registrars do, or whether it comes originally from ICANN, but I'm slightly surprised that this and similar registrations are not covered by this clause.

28. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

There is a lot of scum in the world

...looking to cash in on other people's celebrity status. Those who do should pay a very high price including jail time.

1. asdf

Re: There is a lot of scum in the world

Taylor please don't go AC. Let the world know how you really feel.

29. Waspy

Two Words:

Barbra Streisand

Page:

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like