back to article Deloitte's files on bean counters swept up in Sony hack stash – report

Bean-counting giant Deloitte has been pulled into Sony Pictures' ongoing nightmare – the one in which the movie giant was comprehensively hacked and gigabytes of sensitive files leaked online. Unreleased films, draft scripts, criminal record checks on staff, doctors' notes, passwords, encryption certificates, social security …

1. Mark 85
    Pint

As if the breach wasn't enough...

All that data.. All those files. And now there's a pay disparity. Will there now be a sex discrimination suit in the offing too? Since we don't have a popcorn icon for sitting back watching this unfold... beer will work.

1. Destroy All Monsters Silver badge

Re: As if the breach wasn't enough...

In this case, chocolate-covered sugar bombs would be more appropriate.

2. tony2heads

Re: As if the breach wasn't enough...

Sounds more entertaining than most of their film releases

2. Jungleland
    Joke

A Silver Lining?

As some of hte movies were unreleased, any of them online could only come from one source so it will be easy to trace the downloaders and sue them several hundred gazillion dollars.

That means bonuses are safe. As for the employees, I recall a comment from Norman Tebbitt about bicycles.

1. Paul Crawford Silver badge

Re: A Silver Lining?

"any of them online could only come from one source so it will be easy to trace the downloaders and sue them several hundred gazillion dollars"

Oh please tell me the torrents were seeded from Sony machines before this hack was discovered? The irony would be delicious and good for my red blood cell count...

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: A Silver Lining?

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/12/03/strange_things_afoot_with_great_sony_pictures_torrent_data_leak/

3. Omgwtfbbqtime

Independence? They've heard of it....

Got to question why Sony had this info.

I'm sure it could be something as innocent as badly selected test data for a risk audit...

Yeah, I don't believe that either.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

Back off

Look he got a new dropbox account and wanted to see if they really did give him 50G, so needed some data to test it.

You guys are all so perfect, like you would never do that.

5. Angry clown

Mmmmmm, Sony!

Couldn't happen to a nicer company. This might be the curse of the rootkit infected customers or maybe the prayers of PlayStation Linux victims have been finally successful. Anyway it's good news!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like