back to article Down in the Dell, Compellent and EqualLogic are stirring

Dell is punching out new products like a featherweight fighter determined to defeat opponents with speed and agility, as well as hitting power. It's added new systems to both its Compellent and EqualLogic arrays within its Dell Storage line and announced an XC converged server/storage system. An all-flash configuration of the …

1. Will 28

New partner?

Ok, that's 2 dell adverts in one day.

I am confident you won't publish this, I just want to let you know that I am sorry that you've sold out so badly. TheRegister once reviewed products and actually talked about them, weighing pros and cons. There would be analysis and evaluation of products. Bygone days from a time when the tech press was already massively subjugated, but we could count on a magazine called TheRegister.

1. Nate Amsden

Re: New partner?

seems like a fairly typical article. I don't see any opinion in it saying "oh go buy this it is better than the rest". They are just reporting on what the vendor is announcing, El reg has been doing that for as long as I can remember (been a reader for about 14 years now though my memory doesn't go that far back).

El reg does seem to favor sponsors though I suppose is understandable. One vendor I use for networking doesn't get mentioned much here in articles, after speaking with the vendor's PR folks (who do send info out to network oriented sites) speculated it is because they do not advertise on el reg.

2. dan1980

I agree - if you can't afford to buy these and road test them properly then why bother letting us know about them at all?!

Seriously guys, pick your game up.

What's that? Finding the kind of money required to thoroughly review these unit would require more advertisement?

Taking the irony hat off, I appreciate these heads-up articles. I just don't have time to find out about each new release.

3. bobbyfishballs

Eh, while it's true this is a regurgitated press release, they usually do a sort of 2 part thing where they report the release one day and then later in the week they write something more reflective that puts it in context and gives some opinion about it.

4. steamrunner

To be fair, I do find this kind of article useful. El Reg generally does a good job of explaining — in not too many words, and so that mere mortals can understand — what the heck these vendors are up to and are releasing. It brings me up to speed with enough info in a couple of minutes. Finding it all in one concise article from a vendor's web site (assuming you can avoid the marketing beagles) is... well, not going to happen really, is it? Time is precious for us IT bodies...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like