back to article Hey, Joe. Give EMC the gun and SHOOT IT DOWN - before someone else messes 'round town

What should we do about the EMC Federation and the coming retirement of its founder and architect Joe Tucci? Activist investors want it dismantled to provide more value for shareholders. Nobody sees a replacement candidate for Joe Tucci; someone who could hold the ring while the three strong and capable CEOs that run EMC …

1. Cthugha

Deja Moo:

The feeling that you've heard this bullshit before

2. unredeemed

The sad part is there are two groups to appease here.

1. Investors who want a quick pay check.

2. The business and the people that work for said business that do well together, and not split apart competing against each other.

There is no middle ground in most cases. Greedy people are greedy. You can't make them be less greedy.

3. Youvegottobe Joking

What does EMC itself actually do? I cant believe Mellor asked this.......

Disclosure: I have EMC shares.

I wonder is it the registers policy or just this writer that is siding with an activist investor (holding 2%, whoop-de-doo) to split up a company for short term gain? These people are one teeny step up from asset strippers, you just know the fuckers would flog the shares as soon as they can offload during that brief upward blip in the share price

As for the question: What does EMC itself actually do? and then go on about being a holding company for EMC II, Pivotal and VMware. WTF?

Go to page 13 of http://www.emc.com/collateral/corporation/earnings/2014q3.pdf

Pivotal = $58 mil revenue

VMware = $1508 mil

Information Storage = $4051 mil

If I didn't know better I would have thought that the suspect submitter of this shit story was a shagging shill.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like