back to article The iPAD launch BEFORE it happened: SPECULATIVE GUFF ahead of actual event

It's just the most exciting sort of news there is: the Apple launch had the world a-jism all through yesterday UK time, before its entirely predictable events had even begun to unfold. Obviously it would be madness to simply wait until the announcement and then mention anything which was actually new in the form of a brief …

1. Richard Wharram

Can't wait!!!

I'm literally sat on the edge of the bog.

1. Spleen

Re: Can't wait!!!

You're doing it wrong.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Major omission...

Where is your Martha Lane Fox soundbyte?

I was looking forward to her insight on this major paradigm shift for the weapon of choice of the digitirati.

Shame on you, El Reg. Call yourself a serious tech site? Where is BBC technology...bound to find something there....

3. Zippy's Sausage Factory
    Devil

The very rock yawns in anticipation of your next fascinating move...

To quote Dungeon Keeper. Icon is the nearest thing I could find to a horned reaper...

4. Phil Endecott

> Keep clicking refresh!

Keep clicking *on the ads*, surely?

5. Andrew Jones 2

This may very well be the best page on the entire internet today!!!!

6. Big_Ted
    Paris Hilton

WTF.....

Come on, wheres the fashion angle, we all know thats more important than tech to Apple

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Hey, Reg, you take the piss, but you don't 'arf keep up the Apple hype...

You barely mentioned the Google announcement yesterday, and the one post you did mention it in, was little more than a copy/paste.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Perhaps Google is taking the wrong approach, and needs to blacklist the Reg to get more coverage?

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

You barely mentioned the Google announcement yesterday, and the one post you did mention it in, was little more than a copy/paste.

That's only fair. No doubt the Google announcement will be on top of every Google search for the next, say, month or so, so it creates some sort of balance. Apple may play the media, but Google is your gateway to anything else.

8. denzil
    Angel

well if a tech ninja like steven fry is excited , we should all be .............

9. Frankee Llonnygog

And one more thing

I have pre-emptively patented the thing.

10. Brenda McViking
    Coat

Apple Q&A

Q: Why is the Apple still reporting record profits?

A: Because iPad users are just as oblivious to the looming recession as they are to the people around them!

Q: What do you call a bent iPhone 6 plus?

A: A dead wringer.

Q: What is written on Steve Jobs tombstone?

A: iCame, iSaw, iConquered, iLeft, iCameBack, iThinkDifferent, iMac, iPod, iTunes, iPhone, iPad, iCloud, iRIP

Q: How can you tell which one of your friends has the new iPad?

A: Don't worry, they'll let you know.

Q: Why did Steve Jobs live his last moments in regret?

A: They say your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. Unfortunately for Steve Jobs, his iPad didn't have a Flash player installed!

Q: How many Apple iPad early adopters does it take to change a light bulb?

A: 3001. 1 to do the work and 3000 to go online and bitch about the lack of obscure features!

Q: What do the latest iPad applications do?

A: Whiten teeth and perform lasik eye surgery!

Q: According to Apple what is the leading cause of iPads overheating?

A: Downloading images of Katy Perry!

Q: What do you call a Scottish iPad?

A: An AyePad.

1. Chris Miller

Re: Apple Q&A

Surely that should be Och iPad (pat. pending).

11. Omgwtfbbqtime

"A lot of keen Apple users are probably well accustomed to licking glass surfaces."

Snigger.

12. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

New apple biosensor... (iTITS)

The problem is that it is being different then described.

You put your tongue into the slot provided... The DNA sensor can recognize its owner in 2 ns.

In order to maintain security, during the sample the tongue is held in place, and if it fails the authentication the automatic slicer is actived.

In tests, the interactive tongue identification tablet sensor (iTITS) has stopped all unauthorized access attempts.

13. psychonaut

"Tim Cook is not Steve Jobs"

will that stop steve from suing tim? prior art possibly? the fact that one of them is no longer on this plane probably wouldnt matter either

1. Matt Piechota

Re: "Tim Cook is not Steve Jobs"

"will that stop steve from suing tim? prior art possibly? the fact that one of them is no longer on this plane probably wouldnt matter either"

THERE ARE MO**** F****** SNAKES ON THIS MO**** F****** PLANE!

14. W T Riker

Cameron Briefing just a romour

Are you sure David Cameron actually had a briefing about the Apple Event or did he just make a statement about a briefing that may take place after the next election (if he is re-elected).

15. jzlondon

You guys need a "Like" button on the bottom of your articles.

16. Tim Brown 1

Slackers

Nothing since 14:56 and it's now 16:10!

Or has the internet literally imploded with all the tension?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Slackers

Slackers

Nothing since 14:56 and it's now 16:10!

Or has the internet literally imploded with all the tension?

More likely it's ground to a halt again by people trying to restart the keynote. I hope they have a better setup for this one - I heard the last one sucked badly.

I think I can summarise it for you.

Yosemite, connectivity, some new iToys as leaked. There. I saved you an hour's worth of watching. Alternatively, just read the news tomorrow. Much more efficient.

17. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

And in china thousands of Foxconn slaves, sorry workers, have got their buffing clothes ready to start polishing those turds that Apple will be launching today.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Foxconn workers.

When they build nexus/LG/Samsung/HTC/etc... devices they do it floating on clouds with angels feeding them angel delight. When they build iThings they do it in shackles at the bottom of a pit.

18. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

And what free album will we get today?

So any idea as to which band-who-used-to-be-good-20-years-ago-but-have-become-tedious will force us to have their latest album?

Duran Duran?

Kagagoogoo?

Culture Club?

Erasure?

As long as it's not U2 again, then I can probably cope with it...

1. Sir Gaz of Laz

Re: And what free album will we get today?

If it was Erasure, surely that would take care of itself. No cleanup tool needed.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: And what free album will we get today?

Probably Laurie Anderson :)

Warning: may induce suicidal thoughts.

19. Tom 35

That's what the IoT is really for.

"It's as though your washing machine, instead of making an annoying beeping noise, played little radio ads for new washing machines when it finished a wash. Oh fuck, they'll probably start doing that now."

Don't forget the LCD screen on the inside of the lid for full motion video soap ads while you load / unload.

20. Kepler
    Pint

"SPECULATIVE GUFF ahead of actual event"

El Reg deserves some kind of journalism award for this title alone.

All news sources deliver large quantities of speculative guff (at least when hard facts are not yet available, and often even when they are available), but how many have the honesty and self-awareness to label it as such up-front?

I think it will be a cold day in Hell before, say, The Washington Post, The New York Times, Fox News, CNN, or MSNBC offers such a disclaimer.

1. Kepler
      Coat

Re: "SPECULATIVE GUFF ahead of actual event"

Okay, so it turns out the article doesn't actually contain any real speculation. (He says, having finally read the actual article instead of just the title.) It still was a nice parody of the kind of speculation that often gets promulgated by other sources, and that rarely is labeled the guff that it is.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like