back to article Freshly uploaded EU digi-Czar is CLUELESS ON TECH but it's no big deal, says Steelie Neelie

It doesn’t matter that the incoming EU Commissioner for all things digital doesn’t really understand technology, so says Europe's current digi commish Neelie Kroes. Günther H.* Oettinger, the man set to take over Steelie Neelie's role in November, is not renowned for being particularly up on Web2.0, with a marked lack of …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Spose a 'tech czar' who does know what the hell he's doing could be dangerous in the right circumstances.

2. Simon Rockman

Maybe he's a hologram like Rimmer.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I look forward to the British having the opportunity to vote YES on withdrawing from the EU

Fingers-crossed the percentages will be the reverse of those witnessed for the Scottish referendum.

One layer of useless, bureaucratic, fat-cat career politicians is the absolute limit that any populace should have to bear.

4. GrumpenKraut
    Unhappy

The EU is a recycling bin?

Thanks for making that fact that this twunt is such a monument of ineptitude known outside his country.

This kind of politicians moving into the EU: standard procedure. Fuckin' sad.

5. i like crisps
    FAIL

This would have been the perfect job for me...

Shit!!! the jammy bastard.

6. David Pollard

Clueless on tech

When did lack of experience and understanding ever preclude political appointments in areas which properly require it?

7. channel extended
    Happy

GhO's

So he GhO's to the toilet, don't we all?

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Is he related

to Jesus H Christ?

9. Alister

It seems I may be misunderstanding, but "not using social media" does not necessarily equate to "doesn't know anything about technology", in fact, I would suggest the reverse is true.

One only has to look at the frequenters of this forum, most of whom are involved in IT in some way, and see how many frequently claim not to have a Facebook/Twitter>Google+ account, and not to have any desire to, either.

Maybe this means that all those commentards are technophobes, or maybe it means they know better...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like