back to article LOHAN wrapped in vinyl as Kickstarter campaign hits £18,000!

Our Kickstarter bid to raise £30,000 for the New Mexico launch of our Vulture 2 spaceplane hit £18,489 this morning (Monday 1 September), shortly after we took delivery of some sample Low Orbit Helium Assisted Navigator (LOHAN) vinyl stickers. And very classy they look too. Here are a few suggestions as to how those pledging a …

1. Pypes

I thought I was on sticker duty :P

1. Lester Haines (Written by Reg staff) Gold badge

I'd already ordered some samples before you offered your services. Fret ye not, we'll do lunch.

1. Pypes

Lunch, with weights and measures approved portions. Good shout.

1. Lester Haines (Written by Reg staff) Gold badge
  2. Moktu

Better hide

Wait till PETA find out you've been animal testing.

You'll be knee deep in angry naked women.

1. Peter Simpson 1
      Coat

Re: Better hide

You'll be knee deep in angry naked women.

Video of the encounter (with donkey) - UKP150.00 pledge

// DVD in the pocket

1. Ugotta B. Kiddingme
        Coffee/keyboard

sigh. One day... ONE DAY, I will learn to swallow that sip of coffee before reading article comments. In the meantime, I shall (yet again) retrieve an emergency substitute work shirt from the credenza.

2. Fungus Bob

"Video of the encounter (with donkey) - UKP150.00 pledge"

They should have no trouble doubling their fundraising goal...

2. John Brown (no body) Silver badge
      Thumb Up

"You'll be knee deep in angry naked women."

Brazillions?

3. Camilla Smythe

Uhm..

"Handily for us and *Virgin Galactic*, Spaceport America in New Mexico has the permissions for rocket operations, so we're packing up the Vulture 2 and heading west."

Might not the bearded one punt a few coppers in your direction or free flights and transport of equipment?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Uhm..

I'd have thought this would be the first thing to do --- he should be easy enough to contact through Virgin Management Ltd.

If nothing else surely he could sort out the spaceport fees...

2. Mark 85

Re: Uhm..

Not a bad idea. If he refuses, find out if Space X would cough some cash to get their logo on the balloon. Nothing like advertising in the other guy's backyard.

4. Elmer Phud

Value for money

"For £120, you can meet myself and LOHAN rocket wrangler Paul Shackleton at Vulture Central in London,"

Considering the cost of coughing up to meet our esteemed Prime Minister for tea and cakes, a mere £120 seems far greater value.

(Is there a pub called 'Vulture Central'?)

1. DJO Silver badge
      Pint

Re: Value for money

Every pub in London is "Vulture Central", one just selects the nearest one. After 17 pints of "Gonad's Old Disgusting" they all look the same anyway.

5. Anonymous Blowhard

#LohanDonkey is Trending

That'll consume your bandwidth faster than a journalist can consume a free drink...

1. Peter Simpson 1
      Thumb Up

Re: #LohanDonkey is Trending

Well, it will be if we all tweet it...

6. Tom 35

But didn't that Orlowski guy say Kickstarter was crap?

Guess I'll have to go put in a few $.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

But...but...aww s'not fair!!!

All the tankards have gone before we even got to see a picture to see if we even wanted one!!! {sulks!} You could have left the books closed on that one until the sample pictures were published!

1. John Brown (no body) Silver badge

Re: But...but...aww s'not fair!!!

But, but, but isn't the point of Kickstarter speculation?

Currently awaiting delivery of my tankard (nee ner!) with almost as much anticipation as launch day.

2. Lester Haines (Written by Reg staff) Gold badge

To be honest, I didn't expect 'em to run out the door as fast. We're still waiting on a sample too.

1. Christopher Lane

OK, if I can't have my tankard {still sulking} then how about creating some Boeing-esque (3D printed) models of Lohan i.e. http://www.flightmemory.com/images/shop/gross/Modell_Boeing_B748F_200P.jpg

Ahhh... "A Lill' bit o' Lohan" on my desk...I leave it to the you boys to respond with all the lewd double entendre's etc etc.

3. NumptyScrub
      Happy

quote: "All the tankards have gone before we even got to see a picture to see if we even wanted one!!! {sulks!} You could have left the books closed on that one until the sample pictures were published!"

as of this typing:

£70 = tankard plus tshirt (36 of 50 left)

£120 = tankard plus the chance to hurl abuse at Lester in person and/or buy him a pint (20 of 25 left)

Much more expensiver than £40 for just the tankard, but still available if you have the funds :)

8. CutieDarkFae

Kickstarter rewards

And yet still no option for tshirt, mug and patch? I can get tshirt, mug and sticker sure, but not a patch?

Please?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon