Feeds

back to article AMD slaps 'Radeon' label on Tosh flash: >Beard stroke< Hmm, cunning ...

X86 CPU and Radeon graphics chipper AMD has come out with an SSD line using Toshiba/OCZ componentry. It's called the Radeon R7-Series, which us a sideways extension of existing graphics processor branding. The SSD uses 19nm Toshibs MLC flash and has been designed, we understand, for balanced read and write workloads. The speeds …

4 year warranty

apart from that...

Is el Reg trying to out-Grauniad the Grauniad...

or is your proofreader on holiday?

"X86 CPU and Radeo graphics chipper AMD has come out with an SSD line using Toshiba/OCZ componentry.

It's called the Radeon R7-Series, which us a sideways extension of existing graphics processor branding."

and that's just in the first two paragraphs. This isn't the first article today that's contained pretty glaring errors.

Silver badge

Re: Is el Reg trying to out-Grauniad the Grauniad...

There's a little link at the bottom of every Reg story called "Tips & Corrections". You can click that and report these kinds of issues quietly.

Saves you coming off as a bit of an whiner. Pobody's nerfect mate.

FAIL

OCZ!!!!!!

RUN FOR THE HILLS!!!!!

Silver badge

Re: OCZ!!!!!!

Their new stuff is very nice - I bought some of their old stuff (Vertex 3 and Vertex 4) when it looked like they were going bust, factory refurbs with a 3 month warranty, scan were practically giving them away. I mainly use them as optional read caches, so it only degrades performance if they die.

Inevitably one bricked, inevitably right after 3 months. By this point Toshiba had bought OCZ, and they replaced it no questions asked with one of their modern Vertex 460, which has worked perfectly ever since.

Silver badge

It was bought by Toshiba long time ago, stop with your inane nonsense.

Silver badge

Funny then how this article which is only several months old says differently (Google translate does a good enough job).

http://www.hardware.fr/articles/920-7/ssd.html

WTF?

I don't think who actually owns the technology now makes any difference to how reliable they are. Ignore my inane nonsense if you wish, but I will not be stopping it on your say so!

WTF?

TYPO?

20GB for $100 in this day and age, surely a slip of the keyboard?

Bronze badge
Flame

Pricing in dollars?

Is this site a UK site or not? Take your steenking greenbacks to Scotland where they may soon use them as their new currency....

Anonymous Coward

overpriced, underfeatured

Have to say I find the not very convincing and pretty random high speed rather less useful than the power fail protection both Crucial SSDs provide. And the MX100 has it with a larger, cheaper drive!

Somehow doubt the AMD name is attractive enough to drive sales. The taint of OCZ definitely is an inhibitor.

Anonymous Coward

AMD's motto == "Hi, I'm Larry, this is my brother Darryl, and this is my other brother Darryl!" : Anything for a buck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yyB06HvAjI

Bronze badge

As if...

...the GPU naming scheme hadn't introduced enough confusion already, now they release a SSD series that has the exact same naming scheme... I see a great future ahead.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon