The world's second-largest wholesale distributor of technology products, services and solutions, Tech Data, was not the first firm to restate its financial results – and it may not be the last. But in a post-Enron world, with the associated heavy controls and accounting rules introduced after that massive accounts fraud scandal …
On a mono-rail
Buy, assimilate, cut cost, buy, assimilate, cut cost, buy assimilate, cut cost - tougher every time and the margin's shrunk to pain.
We miss SDG
Such a shame that TechData's making large swathes of the ex-SDG staffers redundant now, so that they can close the SDG offices and consolidate back to the offices they already had. Naturally for the majority of the staffers that means relocating or leaving.
The consolidation plan (i.e. reducing TechData back to the sites where it was before and binning the SDG offices) is shortsighted as they've bought a lot of skilled people who they are then sacking. Sure they they've still taken out a major competitor but they could have done so much more with the resources that SDG had.
- +Comment Trips to Mars may be OFF: The SUN has changed in a way we've NEVER SEEN
- OnePlus One cut-price Android phone on sale to all... for 1 HOUR
- MARS NEEDS WOMEN, claims NASA pseudo 'naut: They eat less
- UNIX greybeards threaten Debian fork over systemd plan
- Back to the ... drawing board: 'Hoverboard' will disappoint Marty McFly wannabes