back to article Chinese cops cuff teen over Heart App Android malware flap

Chinese authorities have arrested a 19-year-old suspected of unleashing a fast spreading strain of malware that infects Android smartphones. Police told Chinese newspapers including Sina.com that "Li", a 19-year-old software engineering student, was cuffed in Shenzhen on suspicion of creating the Heart App Android malware …

1. psychonaut

well then, what do you expect??

as title. install stuff from some back street vendor, give it permissions to do anything, hope that it isnt nasty. you are gonna get burnt at some stage.

2. Anonymoist Cowyard

I see what you did there

You pretended Android in China is the same as Android elsewhere in the world...

In China, everything is sideloaded, and a virus hotbed. Elsewhere in the world, it's the exact opposite.

Good old sensationalist journalism at it's finest.

1. DropBear

Re: I see what you did there

Please stop pretending at once that no-one in the west has any reason to side-load an app. Thank you.

1. asdf

Pretty much now if you want an OS wide ad blocker that actually works you have to sideload F-Droid.

2. Lamont Cranston
      Facepalm

Good old sensationalist journalism that explicitly mentions the need for everything to be sideloaded in China?

3. Nuke
    Trollface

Hoping they submit him to some Chinese torture

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like