Dodgy USB chargers are in the news again in Australia, with stationery giant Officeworks recalling a charger on safety grounds. The recall comes six weeks after the death of a Sydney woman, Sheryl Aldeguer, was attributed to an unsafe charger. At the time Rod Stowe, the Fair Trading Commissioner in the Australian State of New …
I would like to know, was this a properly tested and authorised device, or a dodgy brother's import?
"or a dodgy brother's import?"
Well following the links I finally got to a proper recall report... The importer is Ingram Micro. Ingram usually keeps the dodgy brothers employees in their customer accounts department, not the product selection department.
- 'Windows 9' LEAK: Microsoft's playing catchup with Linux
- Review A SCORCHIO fatboy SSD: Samsung SSD850 PRO 3D V-NAND
- Was Earth once covered in HELLFIRE? No – more like a wet Sunday night in Iceland
- Breaking Fad 4K-ing excellent TV is on its way ... in its own sweet time, natch
- First Irish boy band U2. Now Apple pushes ANOTHER thing into iPhones, iPods, iPads