Dodgy USB chargers are in the news again in Australia, with stationery giant Officeworks recalling a charger on safety grounds. The recall comes six weeks after the death of a Sydney woman, Sheryl Aldeguer, was attributed to an unsafe charger. At the time Rod Stowe, the Fair Trading Commissioner in the Australian State of New …
I would like to know, was this a properly tested and authorised device, or a dodgy brother's import?
"or a dodgy brother's import?"
Well following the links I finally got to a proper recall report... The importer is Ingram Micro. Ingram usually keeps the dodgy brothers employees in their customer accounts department, not the product selection department.
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Why did it take antivirus giants YEARS to drill into super-scary Regin? Symantec responds...