back to article Apple stops caring about Samsung kit everyone else stopped caring about years ago

Apple has ended its attempt to ban nearly two dozen old Samsung mobile models from import into the US. The iPhone maker on Monday filed a motion for dismissal of its appeal against the 2012 decision by Judge Lucy Koh, which awarded Apple a $1bn damages payout for patent infringement but blocked an injunction against Samsung …

1. stephajn

Lame...

Apple: "WAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!"

Samsung: "Those devices are not even being sold anymore anyway. We made our billions....stop your whining!!!"

Apple: "WAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!....wait....what?? Oh...uhhhh...well alright then! Stick that in your pipe and smoke it!!!"

Samsung: "Whatever...."

That's what I get from all of this.

1. sabroni Silver badge
      Thumb Up

Re: Lame...

It's like groklaw never went away!

1. monkeyfish

Re: Lame...

Seems like samsungs lawyers had it right then, just drag out each court case until the devices have been replaced. Wait for the new court case, then rinse and repeat. So long as samsung make more money from selling devices than the lawyers cost, it's just a cost of business. Hopefully Apple will get bored of paying their lawyers sometime soon.

2. Khaptain Silver badge
    Trollface

Apple,

I gave up caring about them years ago, along with MS, Yahoo, Amazon, Paypal, Google, HP, Logitech, Samsung, HTC and the list goes on........

On the upside, I still read El Reg

1. Dr Patrick J R Harkin

Re: Apple,

"Google, HP, Logitech, Samsung, HTC and the list goes on........"

I should have gone to SpecSavers. I read that as "Google, HP Lovecraft, Samsung, HTC and the list goes on........

1. Kevin Johnston

I tried going to specsavers but couldn't read the signs so went home instead

2. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Paypal is not your pal

3. PaulM 1
    Linux

iPhones are boring

About 2 years ago I walked into my local Tesco store and to my surprise saw a large display of old black small Samsung phones. I then looked more closely and realized that these phones were new iPhone 5s. IPhone 5s look really dated.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

and in 2 years time...

you will find the iPhone 8 looking like a 2011 Galaxy Note.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Big phone patent

So how come Samsung never got a 'Big Phone' patent in the US?

Being as innovative as round corners or finger swiping how dare Apple attempt to copy?

Could it be that the USPTO only likes home grown bullshitting?

6. JaitcH
    Happy

Sanity ...

from Apple. At last?

Suing people can rebound against the Plaintiffs.

7. PeterM42
    Alert

"Seconds out.....Round 3"

And the winner is:.......... the lawyers!! (again)

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like