back to article Capita: We've spent £150m on acquisitions... SHOW US the MONEY

Serial acquirer Capita IT Services reported a low-single digit revenue jump for the first half of calendar 2014, but given the numerous acquisitions made this looks to be something of a commercial damp squib. The techie arm bulked up sales by just 2.7 per cent year-on-year to £235m in the period, not including the £60m worth …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

No mention of.....

...how they have taken over the contracts for electronic monitoring from Serco and G4S without having to bid for them? A contract worth the the thick end of £1billion.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

If

if Capita would stop f*cking about with the companies they buy and stop treating their staff like shit and paying them as little as possible then the people might want to do better

I actually took a pay cut to work for a different company which I dont regret

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Crapita

This is why they should not be allowed to buy nice things. Capita is a cancer that is infecting British business and reducing it to the cheapest and nastiest service with no ethics or desire to do anything more than the absolute base minimum that they have mis sold in their loosely worded contracts.

M&S, John Lewis, O2, EE, VW, Debenhams - these are just a few of the companies that have so much contempt for their customers that they outsource their customer management to Capita. I avoid them all.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

But...

And yet some of those companies have some of the highest customer satisfaction ratings, despite Capita. I would suggest that how you use the software and how you manage your supplier is as important as what the software is or who the supplier is...?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like