back to article Gartner: To the right, to the right – biz sync firms who've won in a box to the right...

As if it needed another boost to its marketing efforts, EMC’s Syncplicity can be seen on the right-hand side of Gartner’s Magic Quadrant enterprise file sync and share box with Syncplicity, a timely marketing boost coming on Amazon's entry into the market with its Zocalo service. Gartner MQ for enterprise file sync Click …

1. Charlie Clark Silver badge

Missing tagline?

"Study sponsored by EMC"?

2. Phil W

Please see article headline

So everyone should be Crazy In Love with EMC and help them Run The World?

I like to keep all my Irreplaceable data such as Halo saved games in a backup Partition for save keeping until the End of time

3. vdthemyk

NetApp?

Am I missing a NetApp offering? I would have thought they had something, but never really looked for it either. Is it under a different name or am I just missing it?

I would have thought NetApp could have been positioned as a strong corporate file syncing provider.

4. lovely jubbly

Do not use Syncplicity

Appalling product with appalling support.

I used them for a small Client, went well for a while.

Then they started removing critical features which completely messed up file syncing across all the users.

Tried getting help from senior management who did nothing to help.

Avoid.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

spurious correlations....

I wonder what the results would be of a T-test comparing Gartner program subscription status and Gartner upper-right magic-quadrant membership.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

No Hitachi?

Hitachi Data Systems has been making a lot of noise with their HCP Anywhere sync product, and it's not even listed. Why not?

7. Texas

EMC

Ah yes, excellent strategy. Discount a product just because who owns it.

I've used almost all of them at some point and Syncplicity is the best.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like