WANdisco is bringing continuous wide-area availability to Hadoop big data users. The joint UK and US-based WANdisco (Wide Area Network DIStributed COmputing) sells software producing active-active data centres at WAN distances, which it says is suited to the Hadoop Big Data world. Its technology uses patented algorithms invented …
Very interesting product. Can be of great value to Banking,, Pahrama and Research industry. This will enable the companies to achieve Geographical De-risking of their IT setup . It will also substantially lower the IT costs as companies with large data requirement can now opt for mid range / entry level storage boxes that generally have low scalability.
Will it makes it way to distributed storage as well?
Hi, do they have a play using distributed storage using the likes of Riak/Cassandra/MongoDB for ensuring HA and consistency for distributed metadata for a global namespace?
Re: Will it makes it way to distributed storage as well?
Why would you wanna to use a NoSQL DB for metadata. There are other options including Ceph.
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Why did it take antivirus giants YEARS to drill into super-scary Regin? Symantec responds...