Samsung is shrinking its flagship Galaxy smartphone to produce a 4.5in S5 Mini handset, a trick it says represents "maximised minimalism". The South Korean giant said the Galaxy S5 Mini would sport the smaller screen size as part of an effort to expand the appeal of the Galaxy line to those turned off by the bulkier 5.1in …
No. I don't want to be the first to get this piece of knock-off plasticy naffness. I want to be the first to get an iPhone 6.
I want to be the first to get an iPhone 6.
Dude. You're a barista!
Re: I want to be the first to get an iPhone 6.
More likely someone who wants a phone, that still gets operating system updates after 1 year! pissed off Samsung s3 mini user! :(
Once again "Mini" phone has mini spec (comparable to the S3, I think). How about a high range phone in a smaller package Samsung? One thing Sony has got right, IMO.
Am I the only one here to be boggling at the idea of a 4.5" screen being the "mini" option - I can remember people mocking my (late, lamented, stolen) Galaxy S2 for being ridiculously large... :-)
Odds on this applying to pre-loaded bloatware? My money's on zero...
This shouldn't be called the S5 mini. That implies that it has the spec and performance of the S5 just in a smaller case. This is one thing sony have gotten right.
Show me the Battery!
Agree the spec is below that of the Sony Z1 Compact, however one plus point about Samsung's premium phones (s4, s5, Note 3) is their user-replaceable batteries. Hopefully the S5 mini battery is also replaceable unlike equivalent offerings from most other manufacturers.
- Vid Google opens Inbox – email for people too thick to handle email
- RUMPY PUMPY: Bone says humans BONED Neanderthals 50,000 years B.C.
- Pic Forget the $2499 5K iMac – today we reveal Apple's most expensive computer to date
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Is your home or office internet gateway one of '1.2 MILLION' wide open to hijacking?