Startup Aerospike has guzzled $20m in filthy valley lucre. And it'll use the cash to fund its assault on database incumbents, namely making its flash-oriented NoSQL software open source. The company told The Reg on Tuesday that this is not some crazy plan: its decision to publish its database server code under the AGPL license, …
Sounds like a shrewd move
Closed-source alternatives like FoundationDB had better keep a close eye.
What's in a name?
when i first read this, my immediate association was with the aerospike rocket engines.
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Review Tough Banana Pi: a Raspberry Pi for colour-blind diehards
- Product round-up Ten Mac freeware apps for your new Apple baby
- Analysis Pity the poor Windows developer: The tools for desktop development are in disarray
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'