Startup Aerospike has guzzled $20m in filthy valley lucre. And it'll use the cash to fund its assault on database incumbents, namely making its flash-oriented NoSQL software open source. The company told The Reg on Tuesday that this is not some crazy plan: its decision to publish its database server code under the AGPL license, …
Sounds like a shrewd move
Closed-source alternatives like FoundationDB had better keep a close eye.
What's in a name?
when i first read this, my immediate association was with the aerospike rocket engines.
- Leaked screenshots show next Windows kernel to be a perfect 10
- Amazon warming up 'cheapo web vid' cannon to SINK Netflix
- Windows Phone will snatch biz No 2 spot from Android – analyst
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? I need a password to BRAKE? What? No! STOP! Aaaargh!
- Episode 13 BOFH: WHERE did this 'fax-enabled' printer UPGRADE come from?