Startup Aerospike has guzzled $20m in filthy valley lucre. And it'll use the cash to fund its assault on database incumbents, namely making its flash-oriented NoSQL software open source. The company told The Reg on Tuesday that this is not some crazy plan: its decision to publish its database server code under the AGPL license, …
Sounds like a shrewd move
Closed-source alternatives like FoundationDB had better keep a close eye.
What's in a name?
when i first read this, my immediate association was with the aerospike rocket engines.
- Crawling from the Wreckage Want a more fuel efficient car? Then redesign it – here's how
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- Human spaceships dodge ALIEN BODY skimming Mars
- Downrange Are you a gun owner? Let us in OR ELSE, say Blighty's top cops
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know