Startup Aerospike has guzzled $20m in filthy valley lucre. And it'll use the cash to fund its assault on database incumbents, namely making its flash-oriented NoSQL software open source. The company told The Reg on Tuesday that this is not some crazy plan: its decision to publish its database server code under the AGPL license, …
Sounds like a shrewd move
Closed-source alternatives like FoundationDB had better keep a close eye.
What's in a name?
when i first read this, my immediate association was with the aerospike rocket engines.
- Breaking news: Google exec veep in terrifying SKY PLUNGE DRAMA
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Google CEO Larry Page gives Sundar Pichai keys to the kingdom
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? SKYPE has the HOTS for my NAKED WIFE