Startup Aerospike has guzzled $20m in filthy valley lucre. And it'll use the cash to fund its assault on database incumbents, namely making its flash-oriented NoSQL software open source. The company told The Reg on Tuesday that this is not some crazy plan: its decision to publish its database server code under the AGPL license, …
Sounds like a shrewd move
Closed-source alternatives like FoundationDB had better keep a close eye.
What's in a name?
when i first read this, my immediate association was with the aerospike rocket engines.
- 'Windows 9' LEAK: Microsoft's playing catchup with Linux
- Infosec geniuses hack a Canon PRINTER and install DOOM
- Boffins say they've got Lithium batteries the wrong way around
- Game Theory Half a BILLION in the making: Bungie's Destiny reviewed
- Review A SCORCHIO fatboy SSD: Samsung SSD850 PRO 3D V-NAND