Intel has released more details about its future "Knights Landing" Xeon Phi many-core processor, including a new high-speed interconnect tech called Intel Omni Scale Fabric, as well as on-package Micron Gen2 Hybrid Memory Cube (HMC) DRAM of up to 16GB. Intel presentation slide: what's new in Knights Landing Intel's Silvermont …
Back to the Pentium III ... err, the Pentium II
Kind of remindes me of the slot processor module first implemented in 1997 on the Pentium II. At least the 350 nm process has been updated.
Hopefully they can get the watts down on these.
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'