Intel has released more details about its future "Knights Landing" Xeon Phi many-core processor, including a new high-speed interconnect tech called Intel Omni Scale Fabric, as well as on-package Micron Gen2 Hybrid Memory Cube (HMC) DRAM of up to 16GB. Intel presentation slide: what's new in Knights Landing Intel's Silvermont …
Back to the Pentium III ... err, the Pentium II
Kind of remindes me of the slot processor module first implemented in 1997 on the Pentium II. At least the 350 nm process has been updated.
Hopefully they can get the watts down on these.
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Apple: We'll unleash OS X Yosemite beta on the MASSES July 24
- Pics It's Google HQ - the British one: Reg man snaps covert shots INSIDE London offices
- White? Male? You work in tech? Let us guess ... Twitter? We KNEW it!