back to article AT&T plays Game of Thrones: Every bit as ruthless as HBO version

There is that great promotional line in the first season of Game of Thrones which goes, “In the game of thrones, you either win or you die.” Well, it applies just as much to the Game of the ever-converging, ever-thrilling US telecommunications and network market. With the news this week leaking out that Softbank has more or less …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Gold badge
Happy

You win or you die.

So does this mean Fox could get a stomping?

Silver badge

Re: You win or you die.

More likely that US consumers get a screwing.

Re: You win or you die.

Well, as long as they use plenty of Crisco...

Silver badge

"Well, as long as they use plenty of Crisco..."

I'd rather see AT&T fall foul of consumers using plenty of Drogo.

Silver badge
Stop

I'm getting a sinking feeling...

That as in Game of Thrones, this reorganization of consumer telecoms/entertainment is going to wind up with the peasantry (us) abused and destitute?

Bronze badge
Joke

Then there are the wildlings, north of the wall.

Need I say more?

Silver badge
Joke

Re: Then there are the wildlings, north of the wall.

Eh, the Wildlings have Rogers and Bell Canada to take care of them.

Silver badge

Re: the Wildlings have Rogers and Bell Canada to take care of them..

Those ... poor ... bastards.

Silver badge

Am I the only one

who wanted some kinda of graphic to follow all the names and offering that I have never heard of being a rightpondian.

Liberty Global has speed

If only Liberty could give me the 150 Mbps to the home that I used to get back in Dublin, Ireland (~ 55 Euros/month) , here in the US. Broadband is very deficit and is getting to the point where it almost doesn't qualify as Broadband, unless lucky enough to live somewhere that Google is giving 1Gbps, and some competition.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums