Vodafone has announced that it is going to buy the Italian machine-to-machine company Cobra, which does a brisk business in stolen vehicle tracking. Cobra has done well out of the slip in Tracker’s market share and counts many of the major European car manufacturers – including Porsche – among its customers. The firm started …
So, even more tracking data..
.. for an outfit with tapped cables..
Imagine my excitement and then disillusionment when I thought that Cobra was a service that if your car was stolen, you could push a button on your cell to remotely release the snakes hidden under the seat cushions.
- Crawling from the Wreckage Want a more fuel efficient car? Then redesign it – here's how
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- Human spaceships dodge ALIEN BODY skimming Mars
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know
- Downrange Are you a gun owner? Let us in OR ELSE, say Blighty's top cops