back to article Oracle's $5 BEEELLION acquisition zeppelin looms over Micros Systems

Database and software megafirm Oracle is mulling a multi-billion-dollar acquisition of hospitality and retail tech vendor Micros Systems. The two companies are currently in "exclusive talks" about Oracle buying the company for over $5bn, Bloomberg reported on Tuesday. Such an acquisition would help Oracle combat the slowdown in …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

sad

this does not sound good :(

Embiggenment of Oracle is never a good thing.

Anonymous Coward

Oh dear.

Hmm, I can't see this being a good thing for Micros customers.

Micros has always used Oracle for its DB however I wonder if there was rumblings of moving over to SQL Server that forced this move. However, expect plenty of price rises in the coming years if this goes ahead.

Anonymous Coward

Uh oh

Oh? You want to be able to answer customer questions? That's a license.

Oh? You want to be able to backup your systems in case something goes wrong? That's a license.

Ahhh, yes, you want to replicate your system to a back up site? Yeah license please.

I pitty the industry now that Oracle has stepped in.

Anonymous Coward

The following has been sent by the Micros top-honcho to all Micros employees some days ago.

A dementi reads differently:

<---------------------------

To All Associates:

A number of our Associates have asked about rumors circulating in the press today concerning the Company and Oracle. As a matter of policy, the Company does not respond to rumors. If you receive a Client or other inquiry about this, please respond that the Company has a policy that it does not respond to rumors. Any inquiries from the press should be directed to Louise Casamento.

As you know, we are approaching the end of our fiscal year (on June 30), and I ask that you continue to focus on enabling us to achieve solid performance.

Thank you,

Peter

Peter A. Altabef I President and Chief Executive Officer I MICROS Systems, Inc.

-------------------->

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums