Feeds

back to article Spaceplane design nipper Ariadne gets a promotion

We're delighted to announce today that Ariadne - the young nipper responsible for the design of our Vulture 2 spaceplane's fetching vinyl wrap, has been promoted to "Sub-orbital aesthetics consulting engineer" for the Special Projects Bureau. To make it official, she now has her very own badge, courtesy of Chris Pyper down at …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Silver badge

Design Envelope?

Surviving the cold, vacuum and radiation of (near) space is one thing. Surviving a dishwasher cycle (or two) at 70degC is quite another.

Silver badge

Re: Design Envelope?

I had some mugs made using sublimation to promote a book - I found even normal washing slightly abraded the original print and opted for the every-so-slightly more expensive dishwasherproof option.

Nonetheless - I see a funding option for the project... I'd have a mug!

(Written by Reg staff) Silver badge

Re: Re: Design Envelope?

Yes, I gather you have to use a special dye sub mug for the most durable results. I think you qualify for a free LOHAN mug, if such a thing ever gets produced.

Silver badge
Pint

What about a suitably-printed pint glass? I got one at our last company internal event, definitely a useful addition to the very large selection of mugs I already have.

Re: Re: Design Envelope?

That's a great idea.

Gold badge

Perhaps a spaceplane shaped bottle opener as well?

It's about time El Reg started selling some goodies again.

Silver badge

Sooooo........

Does this mean the Register will be opening a shop to sell this tat? How about a tat shop that gives to that there malaria charity?

Because I would have a cup, and a car sticker, a bonnet sticker wrap and also some motorcycle helmet stickers (notice I specified motorcycle)

Silver badge

Re: Sooooo........

malaria charity

Wasn't she voted into the Afghan Parliament?

Silver badge

Re: Sooooo........

Bring back Cash n Carrion!

Silver badge
Headmaster

Holdy Ony! "Dr."?

Where did that PhD come from? University of Life?

Silver badge
Thumb Up

Re: Holdy Ony! "Dr."?

It's an honorary PhD...you know, like they give to politicians (pardon my French), who do a heck of a lot less to "earn" them.

Anonymous Coward

Re: Holdy Ony! "Dr."?

I find the Register's trivialisation of the title Dr. very disrespectful to Boffins.

Thumb Up

I would definitely...

....buy a commerative LOHAN mug!

Re: I would definitely...

We're looking into it...

Silver badge

Re: I would definitely...

Where can I get my hands on a pair of LOHAN jugs?

SPB Boffinry

We need an organisational chart showing the hierarchy at the SPB - including the boffin count!

It's been a long morning so far, not helped by reading The Dilbert Principle on my way to work & concluding I'm doomed...

Silver badge

Re: SPB Boffinry

"An organisational chart looking like a picture of several multicoloured anacondas, mating"

Bronze badge

I'm jealous

You guys are having FAR too much fun.

And, yes, bring back Cash-n-Carrion with all manner of PARIS, LOHAN, SPB, BOFH, and other acronymic delight.

This topic is closed for new posts.