Nimble Storage is setting its sights on would-be EMC clients with competitive data tables showing that its product is better than both VNX hybrid arrays and also XtremIO all-flash arrays. This comes just days after Nutanix opened up its Nix vBlock marketing campaign against EMC-using Vblocks from VCE. It’s hard being top of the …
Might I suggest that you compare with HDS HUS VM with flash module. More iops, low latency, and with the 3.2GB FMD flash modules, higher density.
3par 7450 blows em all away...45tb raw per U
Over 400T raw flash and over a PB usable and 6 nines reliability gauranteed in a single system.
At under $2/gb usable
Meant 22tb per U
The 45 number came from my friend jack Daniels
apples vs. bananas
These are two different things ... flash as a cache versus flash as a read/write tier.
Re: apples vs. bananas
VNX can use flash as both Cache and a Data Tier at the same time.
Not looked at Nimble enough to know what it can do TBH.
Vblock not vBlock
HAving testing the nibmle
they have good support, however there were two problems for me:
1) at the time it was iscisi only
2) If you are have parallel streaming reads, and try and write, performance collapses like a sack of shite (9/1 read to write ratio, 1gig ethernet, to a 10gig switch.)
However I can see that its grand for VDI and the like. However for us it wasn't a good fit.
Re: HAving testing the nibmle
Just ran this test on my Nimble array (CS210) and I don't see what your referring too. I'm running the 2.X code base and have no impact to performance running a multiple stream 90/10. Maybe you have a bad switch or this was an issue 4 years ago in their 1.0 code.
- Top Gear Tigers and Bingo Boilers: Farewell then, Phones4U
- Analysis iPhone 6: The final straw for Android makers eaten alive by the data parasite?
- Stephen Pie iPhone 6: Most exquisite MOBILE? No. It is the Most Exquisite THING. EVER
- First Crack Bloke buys iPHONE 6 and DROPS IT to SMASH on PURPOSE
- Early result from Scots indyref vote? NAW, Jimmy - it's a SCAM