While Verizon has adopted Amplidata’s Himalaya object technology for its Cloud Storage service, it told The Register that this does not mean it has given up on HDS’s Content Platform (HCP) – which is also object-based. We suggested this might be the case yesterday, but Kevin King, Verizon Enterprise Solutions’ corporate comms …
Cloud - or just a big hosting operation?
It sounds like Verizon just took their josting business and called it a "Cloud". Pretty well any sort of proprietary gear????? Definitely not the AWS/Google model of the cloud!
Re: Cloud - or just a big hosting operation?
Just? Verizon bought terremark years ago for their cloud. They also announced partnership with amd seamicro for compute and block storage.
All this stuff is here is object storage a small part of the total cloud offering
- +Comment Trips to Mars may be OFF: The SUN has changed in a way we've NEVER SEEN
- OnePlus One cut-price Android phone on sale to all... for 1 HOUR
- MARS NEEDS WOMEN, claims NASA pseudo 'naut: They eat less
- UNIX greybeards threaten Debian fork over systemd plan
- Back to the ... drawing board: 'Hoverboard' will disappoint Marty McFly wannabes