back to article Watch this: The .NET ASync story

Youtube Video Laptops already routinely have four CPUs and in a few years' time they will probably have a couple of dozen. However, Software doesn't automatically make use of more than 1 CPU, it takes programmers to do that. This training session will briefly show the async solutions that .NET has embraced and then take you …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. d3vy

Was the audio for this recorded under water?

2. Paul J Turner

Typical Youtube

Not enough attention to the audio. It's about time that Youtube imposed some kind of standards or at least ratings. Even just running a sound compression / normalisation pass over bad audio would make it at least audible if not comprehensible.

Obviously this is not a good thing to do to music, just for speech, but then music video's are *usually* not guilty of poor sound quality, barring live performance recordings.

After 5 minutes I was wondering if I could be bothered struggling with it for another 90 minutes or so.

3. BJC
    Unhappy

Painful audio

This is the second Tech Week video I thought looked interesting and was worth watching, based on the subject matter. Unfortunately, in both cases, the audio is so poor that it's completely distracting. Consequently, I didn't get far into either video.

I don't think it does The Register or QA Tech any good to link to such poor quality material. OTOH, I guess it was worth what I paid for it.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Painful audio

Thanks for the feedback. I didn't think it was that bad. However, there has certainly been some degradation in formatting for video - I think the original format was Webex... something to address for next year.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like