The starting gun has been fired on the race to build the fundamental software for modern cloud data centers, and Mesosphere is running ahead with an armful of dollar bills. The company announced on Monday that venture capitalists had thrown $10.5m at it to help it share the inner secrets of Google, Microsoft, and Facebook's …
Is it me or do these kind of systems blur the difference between a system running many processes and many processes running on a system?
A virtual machine is little more than a set of processes (with communications and storage), how much of the unnecessary junk can be removed from a virtual machine before it becomes hard to differentiate between it a group of processes running on another system?
Just a lunchtime thought, may even make sense tomorrow
I got downvoted to hell last time for pointing this out, but yes there's increasingly a blurring of the boundaries between a VM and a plain old multi-tasking OS.
Twitter being a poster child for this tech.
No thanks, their uptime is horrible...
- +Comment Trips to Mars may be OFF: The SUN has changed in a way we've NEVER SEEN
- OnePlus One cut-price Android phone on sale to all... for 1 HOUR
- MARS NEEDS WOMEN, claims NASA pseudo 'naut: They eat less
- Back to the ... drawing board: 'Hoverboard' will disappoint Marty McFly wannabes
- Vid Do you STRUGGLE with EMAIL? You need ANOTHER INBOX, says Google