Dell has delivered a kick in the pants to its Venue tablets and Inspiron convertibles with the addition of new processors and configuration options. Additionally, new accessories for the tablets and the option for Ubuntu OS configurations on the convertibles were unveiled as part of the rollout at the Computex show in Taipei. …
though the Inspiron 11 7000 will only offer Ubuntu in the APJ and EMEA regions
And just where is APJ or EMEA? My atlas doesn't seem to show it.
(Seriously Dell/El Reg, the W3C has blessed us with an <abbr> tag, kindly use it.)
Too many TLAs
Europe, the Middle East and Africa, usually abbreviated as EMEA.
APJ? No idea... Australia, Pacific and Japan possibly?
Re: Too many TLAs
Asia Pacific Japan
NO chat for home users
I just tried to use the live chat thing on the Dell web site to ask them about the Ubuntu tablet, and it appears that for those of us in the UK live chat is only for businesses, not home users.
They don't want to talk to me? Fine. I'll go back to not talking to them.
- Comment Renewable energy 'simply WON'T WORK': Top Google engineers
- Game Theory Dragon Age Inquisition: Our chief weapons are...
- 'How a censorious and moralistic blogger ruined my evening'
- Leaked screenshots show next Windows kernel to be a perfect 10
- Amazon warming up 'cheapo web video' cannon to SINK Netflix