Register reader Hajime Saito and a group of robotics experts known as "frtp" are looking to put a little fun back into robotics with a project called Telemba. I stumbled across their Kickstarter while researching telepresence robots and was intrigued by the idea of using a Roomba and an Android tablet to solve the problem. You …
The Telemba team was showing off an early prototype to Rethink Robotics and iRobot founder Rodney Brookes when it toppled over an embarrassing moment, but one that only helped to encourage the team to redouble their efforts.
That's the first thing that came to mind when I saw their diagram… the thing's going to be very top-heavy, and there isn't much one can do about it.
It's going to be like watching one of those circus unicyclists where the unicycle's seat is on a post about 6ft above the wheel.
The roomba is quite a bit heavier than a 7 inch tablet, so it is quite stable. We found that it topples over at about 40 degrees.
The problem is with sudden movements. I think the guys are working on this...
- Updated Hidden network packet sniffer in MILLIONS of iPhones, iPads – expert
- Students hack Tesla Model S, make all its doors pop open IN MOTION
- BBC goes offline in MASSIVE COCKUP: Stephen Fry partly muzzled
- PROOF the Apple iPhone 6 rumor mill hype-gasm has reached its logical conclusion
- US judge: YES, cops or feds so can slurp an ENTIRE Gmail account