Taiwan has a thoroughly deserved reputation as one of the world's technology dragons, as shown by the fact its annual Computex show is probably behind only Las Vegas' CES in terms of significance to consumer technology. Computex is why I've come to town. Trying to get a feeling for host city Taipei is why I arrived two days …
Good article. Really enjoy the tech news from the Asian trenches.
That said, sorry, but I can't pass up the boar sausage. So many ways to, er, cut that joke, but what really got me was the "special" highlight of the boar's anatomy on the packaging.
Seriously? THAT'S the part they want to highlight?
That's what I love about foreign cultures. Makes mine seem bland, bland, bland in comparison.
My second home
Going there in July to see the inlaws. Perhaps will have to visit this place and try the Boar sausage!
That's wild boar sausage, a staple of Taiwan's street markets.
Boar sausage and hello kitty...
Does life get any better than that?
The two malls sound exactly like Sim Lin Square and Funan DigitaLife mall in Singapore. Geeks go to Sim Lin Square and the rest to Funan DigitaLife mall.
Same story - don't look for anything with Linux on it unless it is embedded into a router or camera.
- Asteroid's DINO KILLING SPREE just bad luck – boffins
- Just TWO climate committee MPs contradict IPCC: The two with SCIENCE degrees
- Stick a 4K in them: Super high-res TVs are DONE
- BEST BATTERY EVER: All lithium, all the time, plus a dash of carbon nano-stuff
- Review You didn't get the MeMO? Asus Pad 7 Android tab is ... not bad