Taiwan has a thoroughly deserved reputation as one of the world's technology dragons, as shown by the fact its annual Computex show is probably behind only Las Vegas' CES in terms of significance to consumer technology. Computex is why I've come to town. Trying to get a feeling for host city Taipei is why I arrived two days …
Good article. Really enjoy the tech news from the Asian trenches.
That said, sorry, but I can't pass up the boar sausage. So many ways to, er, cut that joke, but what really got me was the "special" highlight of the boar's anatomy on the packaging.
Seriously? THAT'S the part they want to highlight?
That's what I love about foreign cultures. Makes mine seem bland, bland, bland in comparison.
My second home
Going there in July to see the inlaws. Perhaps will have to visit this place and try the Boar sausage!
That's wild boar sausage, a staple of Taiwan's street markets.
Boar sausage and hello kitty...
Does life get any better than that?
The two malls sound exactly like Sim Lin Square and Funan DigitaLife mall in Singapore. Geeks go to Sim Lin Square and the rest to Funan DigitaLife mall.
Same story - don't look for anything with Linux on it unless it is embedded into a router or camera.
- +Comment 'Stop dissing Google or quit': OK, I quit, says Code Club co-founder
- Nokia: Read our Maps, Samsung – we're HERE for the Gear
- Ofcom will not probe lesbian lizard snog in new Dr Who series
- Rejoice, Windows fans: Stable 64-bit Chromium drops for Win 7 and 8
- Episode 9 BOFH: The current value of our IT ASSets? Minus eleventy-seven...