Cybercrooks are offering to sell "stolen copies" of the leaked eBay database through an advert posted through Pastebin. However eBay says the sale is fake. "We have checked all published data and so far none are authentic eBay accounts," eBay's press office told El Reg. Security experts, although far from certain, seem inclined …
Of course they haven't found 123456 in the hashed passwords
Ebay's password complexity rules would not permit that password!
The dodgy seller
Dogesale. Much data. Such veracity. Very blackhat. Wow.
I am so pleased eBay are on the case, I feel a lot safer knowing this.
Shouldn't they be up for sale *on* eBay - that'd be a fun thing to do :-)
I beg to differ, this offer must be genuine because the seller has excellent Ebay feedback
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- Apple winks at parents: C'mon, get your kid a tweaked Macbook Pro
- SOULLESS machine-intelligence ROBOT cars to hit Blighty in 2015
- BuzzGasm! Thirteen Astonishing True Facts You Never Knew About SCREWS
- China in MONOPOLY PROBE into Microsoft: Do not pass GO, do not collect 200 yuan