Cybercrooks are offering to sell "stolen copies" of the leaked eBay database through an advert posted through Pastebin. However eBay says the sale is fake. "We have checked all published data and so far none are authentic eBay accounts," eBay's press office told El Reg. Security experts, although far from certain, seem inclined …
Of course they haven't found 123456 in the hashed passwords
Ebay's password complexity rules would not permit that password!
The dodgy seller
Dogesale. Much data. Such veracity. Very blackhat. Wow.
I am so pleased eBay are on the case, I feel a lot safer knowing this.
Shouldn't they be up for sale *on* eBay - that'd be a fun thing to do :-)
I beg to differ, this offer must be genuine because the seller has excellent Ebay feedback
- Updated HIDDEN packet sniffer spy tech in MILLIONS of iPhones, iPads – expert
- Apple orders huge MOUNTAIN of 80 MILLION 'Air' iPhone 6s
- iPad? iFAD! NOW we know why Apple went running to IBM
- PROOF the Apple iPhone 6 rumor mill hype-gasm has reached its logical conclusion
- Black Hat anti-Tor talk smashed by lawyers' wrecking ball