Cybercrooks are offering to sell "stolen copies" of the leaked eBay database through an advert posted through Pastebin. However eBay says the sale is fake. "We have checked all published data and so far none are authentic eBay accounts," eBay's press office told El Reg. Security experts, although far from certain, seem inclined …
Of course they haven't found 123456 in the hashed passwords
Ebay's password complexity rules would not permit that password!
The dodgy seller
Dogesale. Much data. Such veracity. Very blackhat. Wow.
I am so pleased eBay are on the case, I feel a lot safer knowing this.
Shouldn't they be up for sale *on* eBay - that'd be a fun thing to do :-)
I beg to differ, this offer must be genuine because the seller has excellent Ebay feedback
- Vid Antarctic ice THICKER than first feared – penguin-bot boffins
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Antique Code Show World of Warcraft then and now: From Orcs and Humans to Warlords of Draenor