Cybercrooks are offering to sell "stolen copies" of the leaked eBay database through an advert posted through Pastebin. However eBay says the sale is fake. "We have checked all published data and so far none are authentic eBay accounts," eBay's press office told El Reg. Security experts, although far from certain, seem inclined …
Of course they haven't found 123456 in the hashed passwords
Ebay's password complexity rules would not permit that password!
The dodgy seller
Dogesale. Much data. Such veracity. Very blackhat. Wow.
I am so pleased eBay are on the case, I feel a lot safer knowing this.
Shouldn't they be up for sale *on* eBay - that'd be a fun thing to do :-)
I beg to differ, this offer must be genuine because the seller has excellent Ebay feedback
- Comment Renewable energy 'simply WON'T WORK': Top Google engineers
- Game Theory Dragon Age Inquisition: Our chief weapons are...
- 'How a censorious and moralistic blogger ruined my evening'
- Leaked screenshots show next Windows kernel to be a perfect 10
- Amazon warming up 'cheapo web video' cannon to SINK Netflix