The Register's Asia-Pacific editor Simon Sharwood has taken home one of the striking polymer prisms on offer at the 12th Annual Optus Australian IT Journalism Awards. Sharwood won the "Best Technology Industry Journalist" category, awarded to "the journalist who has best covered the ICT Industries in Australia". Sharwood's …
Jolly good show
Well do on both the nominations and award to the Vulture South team members.
Keep up the good work
As one of those whom he interviewed for his "Fired at 50" story, I feel like I'm sharing in a tiny, tiny part of his prize. Having talked to him, he's a great guy and very knowledgeable in the industry down here.
Well done, Simon!
PS: I'm purely guessing that the contest would have been between him and Renai LeMay at the Delimiter, who I also greatly respect for his no-BS reporting.
A big thumbs up
A big thumbs up to Simon, I always like your articles.
- Breaking news: Google exec in terrifying SKY PLUNGE DRAMA
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Google CEO Larry Page gives Sundar Pichai keys to the kingdom
- Adobe spies on readers: EVERY DRM page turn leaked to base over SSL