The Register's Asia-Pacific editor Simon Sharwood has taken home one of the striking polymer prisms on offer at the 12th Annual Optus Australian IT Journalism Awards. Sharwood won the "Best Technology Industry Journalist" category, awarded to "the journalist who has best covered the ICT Industries in Australia". Sharwood's …
Jolly good show
Well do on both the nominations and award to the Vulture South team members.
Keep up the good work
As one of those whom he interviewed for his "Fired at 50" story, I feel like I'm sharing in a tiny, tiny part of his prize. Having talked to him, he's a great guy and very knowledgeable in the industry down here.
Well done, Simon!
PS: I'm purely guessing that the contest would have been between him and Renai LeMay at the Delimiter, who I also greatly respect for his no-BS reporting.
A big thumbs up
A big thumbs up to Simon, I always like your articles.
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Analysis Nadella: Apps must run on ALL WINDOWS – PCs, slabs and mobes
- Apple: We'll unleash OS X Yosemite beta on the MASSES July 24
- Yorkshire cops fail to grasp principle behind BT Fon Wi-Fi network