back to article Facebook pulls plug on Poke, cancels Camera

Facebook has pulled two of its mobile applications from the iOS App Store. Users will no longer be able to download the company's Poke and Camera applications, though few ever really did in the first place. The company has removed both apps from the App Store and taken down help pages. Facebook has not provided any additional …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Silver badge

There was an app just for poking?

I'm sure all six people who used it are quite upset.

Re: There was an app just for poking?

No. Perhaps you should read the article before commenting.

Silver badge

Silly me for not realizing that Facebook would create an app called "Poke" that does something completely different from the "poke" functionality within Facebook.

Anonymous Coward

I think the point is, had you read the article before commenting on it, you would have realised.

The title is no longer required

Good

Silver badge

What is this book face thing anyway?

Those 600-odd people were never really my friends, least of all the ones who played crappy zombie games. People I care about I may email or phone, the rest I couldn't give a crap what they did on holiday. In fact, as a rule, if I wasn't there I don't care, and if I was I don't want to see pictures of me pissed up. Likewise twitter. Likewise Google plus, bebo, MySpace, etc.

Am I just an old grump, or do those platforms really just do everything I could already do but more irritatingly and with less privacy?

Anonymous Coward

Re: What is this book face thing anyway?

Like LinkedIn but for the unemployed

Bronze badge
Paris Hilton

BASIC Privacy

Expect they will PEEK without permission.

Headmaster

Pedantic grammar alert

A phenomemon.

Silver badge

Re: Pedantic grammar alert

Do doo be-do-do

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums