back to article Goodbye HANA daddy, assorted cloud bods: SAP gets corporate

The cloud “talent” is leaving SAP and the suits are taking over. Is it time to panic for SAP? The mastermind of SAP’s Hana in-memory architecture has gone and so has yet another cloud hire. Vishal Sikka, executive board member of products and innovation, has left the giant immediately for "personal reasons". Sikka’s legacy is …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Ugotta B. Kiddingme

CAUTIOUSLY optimistic

My company is both an SAP on premise and an Ariba on demand user.

We were chuffed to hear that SAP was buying Ariba a few years ago. Early on, SAP and Ariba didn't play particularly well together. Even though SAP originally stated that Ariba would be allowed to do their own thing, we were curious to see how long that would last. Sure enough, when Calderoni left, that was the beginning of folding Ariba into the SAP corporate structure. These new departures, expected as the article points out, are the continuation of that process. I sincerely HOPE that SAP manages to do this smoothly and effectively. We are just starting our own HANA transformation and eyeing some additional Ariba bits and pieces. SAP R/3 and Ariba are playing much nicer together now and, if that trend continues, will be good for a lot of corporate users/subscribers.

Of course, it's also possible that SAP management will drop a deuce in the punchbowl... but hopefully not.

2. Stretch

This is a good thing...

...because HANA is shit, no two ways about it. Good riddance. Maybe now they'll stop searching for a problem for that particular 'solution' and shut up about it.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

If any company produced HANA other than SAP, no one would care. HANA is basically in-memory OLAP, which has been around for a decade... and "in-memory" OLTP which needs to consistently write to a persistent state store... i.e. not in memory.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like