This was the week when Symantec declared that its whole reason for being was dead, kaput, totally and utterly over. Senior veep for information security Brian Dye declared that antivirus software, the same stuff that his firm has been a leading purveyor of for the last quarter of a century – and made oodles of money from – is …
"... along with some company that no-one has heard of yet ..."
I'm pretty sure that if some company that no-one has heard of yet looks like it could break into the top three, one of the existing top three will purchase it long before it gets that large.
- Crawling from the Wreckage Want a more fuel efficient car? Then redesign it – here's how
- Apple SILENCES Bose, YANKS headphones from stores
- Flesh-flapping, image-zapping app Snapchat NOW ad-wrapped
- Vid NASA eyeballs SOLAR HEAT BOMBS, MINI-TORNADOES and NANOFLARES on Sun
- TV Review Doctor Who's Flatline: Cool monsters, yes, but utterly limp subplots