We don’t know what exactly Ericsson might mean by "5G", since the next generation of mobile wireless internet technologies is still very much in the committee stage, but the Swedish firm is rolling out a trial in Yokosuka, Japan anyway. Ericsson will be conducting the tests together with Japanese mobile firm NTT DoCoMo, which …
But will they remember to include voice in the specification?
Why would voice have anything to do with it? As with 4G voice is just another type of traffic. It may have QoS applied but it's traffic nonetheless.
- Vid Antarctic ice THICKER than first feared – penguin-bot boffins
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Antique Code Show World of Warcraft then and now: From Orcs and Humans to Warlords of Draenor