back to article Skype co-founder's VC firm sues ex-staffer and consultant

The London-based venture capital firm of Skype co-founder Niklas Zennstrom is suing a former employee and one of its consultants for allegedly diverting investors towards their own VC firm. Atomico Partners’ lawsuit alleges that employee Pogos Saiadian and consultant Wouter Gort used its name to get in the door with potential …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Silver badge

Something is Missing

Something isn't right here. The last time we went shopping for a new investor in our group the people we spoke to knew more about us than we did about them, and that's saying a lot. But it makes complete sense. Even though you're dealing with high risk investments it's generally a safe bet that the people bringing significant money aren't dumb.

Potential investors are going to get to know you very, very well before they let you launch their money into space (or whatever). I took almost a year before I joined the group I'm with, it takes a long time to track down 50 year old lemonade stand financials you know :)

That's what I don't understand. VC groups don't approach random people, or recruit investors because they drive fancy cars. There's a lot of work, on both sides of the equation, to bringing new investors into your VC group. I simply can't see this as being as simple as conflicting interests. It just doesn't add up. I'm curious if they went poaching somewhere they should have known better. Now that's something I can see happening.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums