The UK’s National Archives has announced that it will be saving YouTube videos and tweets for posterity, to make social media a part of Blighty’s official history. Youtube Video The Archives will start collecting Twitter posts and YouTube vids from today from UK central government departments and other official social media, …
Are they making...
a time crapsule?
Will they be archiving the YouTube comments?
So future social historians can gain an insight into the mindset of our time.
Re: Will they be archiving the YouTube comments?
I would reply in a form similar to YouTube comments but I guess it would be one of those rare occasions of the mods stomping on a post.
"This was no small task but we rose to the challenge"
Unlike, say, archive.org.
Did someone find a few million under the sofa cushion and decide to spend it on this? The money is coming from somewhere.
- Analysis iPhone 6: The final straw for Android makers eaten alive by the data parasite?
- First Crack Man buys iPHONE 6 and DROPS IT to SMASH on PURPOSE
- First Fondle Reg journo battles Sydney iPHONE queue, FONDLES BIG 'UN
- TOR users become FBI's No.1 hacking target after legal power grab
- Vid Reg bloke zips through an iPHONE 6 queue from ZERO to 60 SECONDS