Storage on VMware's vCloud Hybrid Cloud Service (vCHS) just got worse, for the best of reasons. Virtzilla has added a new 'standard' tier to the storage it offers for its Dedicated and Virtual Private Cloud services. The standard tier runs on ye olde spinning rust, a medium that offers lesser performance than the solid-state- …
"...runs on ye olde spinning rust, a medium that offers lesser performance than the solid-state-disk-based tier it previously offered and therefore attracts a lower price."
Nope, it runs on ye olde spinning rust, a medium that offers lower cost per GB compared to SSD and that is the reason it is cheaper. The "lesser performance" aspect is why you might choose to pay more for SSD.
Virtual Cylinder Head Sector?
- iPad? More like iFAD: We reveal why Apple ran off to IBM
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Analysis Nadella: Apps must run on ALL WINDOWS – PCs, slabs and mobes
- Yorkshire cops fail to grasp principle behind BT Fon Wi-Fi network