Storage on VMware's vCloud Hybrid Cloud Service (vCHS) just got worse, for the best of reasons. Virtzilla has added a new 'standard' tier to the storage it offers for its Dedicated and Virtual Private Cloud services. The standard tier runs on ye olde spinning rust, a medium that offers lesser performance than the solid-state- …
"...runs on ye olde spinning rust, a medium that offers lesser performance than the solid-state-disk-based tier it previously offered and therefore attracts a lower price."
Nope, it runs on ye olde spinning rust, a medium that offers lower cost per GB compared to SSD and that is the reason it is cheaper. The "lesser performance" aspect is why you might choose to pay more for SSD.
Virtual Cylinder Head Sector?
- Review Apple takes blade to 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display
- Munich considers dumping Linux for ... GULP ... Windows!
- Game Theory The agony and ecstasy of SteamOS: WHERE ARE MY GAMES?
- Intel's Raspberry Pi rival Galileo can now run Windows
- Microsoft and HTC are M8s again: New One mobe sports WinPhone