Storage on VMware's vCloud Hybrid Cloud Service (vCHS) just got worse, for the best of reasons. Virtzilla has added a new 'standard' tier to the storage it offers for its Dedicated and Virtual Private Cloud services. The standard tier runs on ye olde spinning rust, a medium that offers lesser performance than the solid-state- …
"...runs on ye olde spinning rust, a medium that offers lesser performance than the solid-state-disk-based tier it previously offered and therefore attracts a lower price."
Nope, it runs on ye olde spinning rust, a medium that offers lower cost per GB compared to SSD and that is the reason it is cheaper. The "lesser performance" aspect is why you might choose to pay more for SSD.
Virtual Cylinder Head Sector?
- Breaking Fad 4K-ing excellent TV is on its way ... in its own sweet time, natch
- Top Gear Tigers and Bingo Boilers: Farewell then, Phones4U
- First Irish boy band U2. Now Apple pushes ANOTHER thing into iPhones, iPods, iPads
- Updated iOS 8 Healthkit gets a bug SO Apple KILLS it. That's real healthcare!
- Hey, Scots. Microsoft's Bing thinks you'll vote NO to independence