Storage on VMware's vCloud Hybrid Cloud Service (vCHS) just got worse, for the best of reasons. Virtzilla has added a new 'standard' tier to the storage it offers for its Dedicated and Virtual Private Cloud services. The standard tier runs on ye olde spinning rust, a medium that offers lesser performance than the solid-state- …
"...runs on ye olde spinning rust, a medium that offers lesser performance than the solid-state-disk-based tier it previously offered and therefore attracts a lower price."
Nope, it runs on ye olde spinning rust, a medium that offers lower cost per GB compared to SSD and that is the reason it is cheaper. The "lesser performance" aspect is why you might choose to pay more for SSD.
Virtual Cylinder Head Sector?
- Pic Forget the $2499 5K iMac – today we reveal Apple's most expensive computer to date
- RUMPY PUMPY: Bone says humans BONED Neanderthals 50,000 years B.C.
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Review Vulture trails claw across Lenovo's touchy N20p Chromebook