Sometime in the first weeks of 2015, someone will become the three-billionth person to connect to the internet. So says the International Telecommunications Union (ITU), which on Monday emitted a new batch of statistics about how humanity connects. Person three-billion will probably be in what the ITU calls, but does not offer …
The September that never ended
Happened 20 years ago, and there were probably only 30 million internet users back then. No wonder it is such a messed up place now with 100x as many!
They come over here...
...taking our Internets. Send 'em back!
There should be a prize for the 3 billionth person online. It could be announced with a flashing banner ad on the webpage they visit which links them to their prize...
Boner pills! Gotta be boner pills!
According to that table, (almost) no-one in the UK gets <2Mb. Since I personally know a couple of people who struggle to get >1Mb from their ADSL, I have my doubts ...
There's a big difference between the advertised speed and what you actually get of an evening. That seems to be a bigger problem in the UK than some other countries I've lived in. On that basis the stats are fairly useless.
To be honest I'm not convinced about the number of "connected" people stats either.
The title suggests porn is still doing well.
NT (no tissue)
Remember when there only where 150 million persons online
I feel like a pioneer!
- Oh noes, fanbois! iPhone 6 Plus shipments 'DELAYED' in the UK
- The sound of silence: One excited atom is so quiet that the human ear cannot detect it
- Bloat-free, unlocked Moto X to be dubbed 'Pure Edition', says report
- In a spin: Samsung accuses LG exec of washing machine SABOTAGE
- Feature Be your own Big Brother: Monitoring your manor, the easy way