Microsoft has confirmed that its Xbox One games console will be officially launching in China. The company said that it will be formally releasing its console in September in what Microsoft is touting as a "first of its kind" console release for the Chinese market. The launch will be co-sponsored by BesTV New Media, who already …
I take it that this is conditional on them handing over huge swathes of always on Kinect data to the Chinese authorities.
The Xbox One will feature, by default, an always-on, works-in-the-dark, microphone and camera that’s constantly connected to the internet and 300,000 servers. I wouldn't want in my home and it should be banned in any country.
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'
- Analysis Pity the poor Windows developer: The tools for desktop development are in disarray
- Analysis BlackBerry's turnaround relies on a secret weapon: Its own network
- Hire and hold IT staff in 2015: The Reg's how-to guide