While Australia's telco industry has become accustomed to the constant slim-down drive at incumbent Telstra and number-two Optus, an accumulation of bad news further down the food chain will narrow the options for the country's telco professionals. Optus' latest job cuts announcement, that rather than the 200 originally mooted …
"...Its acquisition strategy, the company said, has resulted in duplication, leading M2 to begin a consultation process to identify the roles that will get made redundant...."
Not "a process to identify roles that ARE redundant"
Accidentally told the truth there!
Yes, but its great to be a generalist in the industry with 5+ years commercial experience. So many of the small companies have been eliminated that the talent pool has pretty much dried up for the big telcos!
Additionally, with the strict focus on 'headcount', departments are competing against eachother to attract and retain the most experienced talent, even though they would often be better off hiring more junior workers.
I've never been out of work and there are always other roles to look forward to if I become unhappy or want a new challenge.
- Review This is why we CAN have nice things: Samsung Galaxy Alpha
- Hey, YouTube lovers! How about you pay us, we start paying for STUFF? - Google
- MEN: For pity's sake SLEEP with LOTS of WOMEN - and avoid Prostate Cancer
- Vid BONFIRE of the MEGA-BUCKS: $200m+ BURNED in SECONDS in Antares launch blast
- Tim Cook: The classic iPod HAD to DIE, and this is WHY