Cisco has added threat management to its portfolio, announcing Managed Threat Defense which it says brings realtime security to its customers. Since “cloud everywhere” is the base assumption of practically every new launch, the Borg feels constrained to stipulate that Managed Threat Defense includes an “on-premise” solution, …
a bypass-all rule at the top for the networking guys. Cos this stuff gets real irritating/limiting real quick.
When I see a networking setup where the Cisco guy eats their own dogfood, I'll be sold. Not happened yet.
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Why did it take antivirus giants YEARS to drill into super-scary Regin? Symantec responds...