Samsung and GlobalFoundries have announced a collaborative agreement that will enable 14-nanometer FinFET chippery to be manufactured at Samsung's fabs in Hwaseong, South Korea and Austin, Texas, as well as at GlobalFoundries' fab in Saratoga, New York. "This is a paradigm change to the foundry landscape," GlobalFoundries VP of …
I wonder how this will impact AMD's *PU designs
Will we be seeing a 14nm A12?
Could this be the technological leg up that will re-igniite the great Intel/AMD debate, or is this going to only affect ARM-type SoCs?
14nm. Wow. Just... wow.
- Review Is it an iPad? Is it a MacBook Air? No, it's a Surface Pro 3
- Game Theory The agony and ecstasy of SteamOS: WHERE ARE MY GAMES?
- Hello, police, El Reg here. Are we a bunch of terrorists now?
- Worstall on Wednesday Wall Street woes: Oh noes, tech titans aren't using bankers
- Video of US journalist 'beheading' pulled from social media