Samsung and GlobalFoundries have announced a collaborative agreement that will enable 14-nanometer FinFET chippery to be manufactured at Samsung's fabs in Hwaseong, South Korea and Austin, Texas, as well as at GlobalFoundries' fab in Saratoga, New York. "This is a paradigm change to the foundry landscape," GlobalFoundries VP of …
I wonder how this will impact AMD's *PU designs
Will we be seeing a 14nm A12?
Could this be the technological leg up that will re-igniite the great Intel/AMD debate, or is this going to only affect ARM-type SoCs?
14nm. Wow. Just... wow.
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Review Tough Banana Pi: a Raspberry Pi for colour-blind diehards
- Product round-up Ten Mac freeware apps for your new Apple baby
- Analysis Pity the poor Windows developer: The tools for desktop development are in disarray
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'