Nokia has sorted the lingering issues with China over the sale of its mobile biz to Microsoft, putting the deal back on track to close in April. The Microsoftie slurp was supposed to be done and dusted by the end of March, but the firm's general counsel Brad Smith said late last month that the final details wouldn't be hammered …
I can't wait for this to go through. Then when Microsoft sells a single Nokia X phone, all the FUD that MS has put up about Linux containing all this MS IP goes away because they've distributed the kernel under the gpl v2. I think.
If MS sell a Nokia X phone, they don't need to license it. They own their own patents and you can bet your balls that any patented drivers/codeblocks will not be GPL.
- Infosec geniuses hack a Canon PRINTER and install DOOM
- Feature Be your own Big Brother: Monitoring your manor, the easy way
- Boffins say they've got Lithium batteries the wrong way around
- In a spin: Samsung accuses LG exec of washing machine SABOTAGE
- Phones 4u slips into administration after EE cuts ties with Brit mobe retailer