Nokia has sorted the lingering issues with China over the sale of its mobile biz to Microsoft, putting the deal back on track to close in April. The Microsoftie slurp was supposed to be done and dusted by the end of March, but the firm's general counsel Brad Smith said late last month that the final details wouldn't be hammered …
I can't wait for this to go through. Then when Microsoft sells a single Nokia X phone, all the FUD that MS has put up about Linux containing all this MS IP goes away because they've distributed the kernel under the gpl v2. I think.
If MS sell a Nokia X phone, they don't need to license it. They own their own patents and you can bet your balls that any patented drivers/codeblocks will not be GPL.
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- Microsoft's Euro cloud darkens: US FEDS can dig into foreign servers
- Pic 7 AMAZING experiments set for Mars Rover 2020 – including oxygen generation
- Worstall on Wednesday YES, iPhones ARE getting slower with each new release of iOS
- Plug and PREY: Hackers reprogram USB drives to silently infect PCs