Credible artificial intelligence startup Vicarious has taken in more money as accomplished billionaires fling cash towards what could be a hugely significant technology. The additional funding was disclosed by the company on Monday in an article in TechCrunch and subsequent interview with El Reg. Some of the Valley's best known …
"Recursive Cortical Networks"
...is the model that Vicarious have publicly claimed to be working on. I wonder whether it's got any relationship to Confabulation Theory?
Confabulation theory was the first account I came across which seemed plausible from an evolutionary viewpoint - it posits that the same basic architectures that evolved for coordinating muscle movement were then specialized in evolving higher cognitive functions - and in light of the observation that comparatively few layers [think "gate delays" as an EE analogy] of processing can take place between our sensory input and our reactions if we are to react in a usefully short time.
In any case, with 5 out of 8 of their team members
sporting PhDs, and the other three also sounding like overachieving types, it looks like it would be a very interesting place to work.
...for the first comment referencing Terminator.
- Review Is it an iPad? Is it a MacBook Air? No, it's a Surface Pro 3
- Game Theory The agony and ecstasy of SteamOS: WHERE ARE MY GAMES?
- Hello, police, El Reg here. Are we a bunch of terrorists now?
- Worstall on Wednesday Wall Street woes: Oh noes, tech titans aren't using bankers
- Video of US journalist 'beheading' pulled from social media